Tuesday 15 January 2013

Gelly pens, vellum and peel off stickers

This months COTM kit from www.cardmaking.net used two different gelly pens, vellum and fish peel off stickers (plus card for the base) and I love the effect. I have a small stash of gelly pens which I have only ever used to write my greetings with, but I am now looking at them in a whole new light. After placing the peel off sticker on the vellum, I then had to colour the shapes in with the gelly pens and then blend them if I wanted to. After cutting out the shape and then using mounting tape to mount them on the cardboard base, this is what I had achieved:


 Then I placed some of the seaweed stickers on the card and coloured them in, however one of my boys had "borrowed" the green gelly pen, so I had to use one from my own stash which was quite a bit more flourescent than the one on the fish. I also coloured in the water bubbles coming from the fish.



 I love the look of the fish seeming to float in front of the seaweed.

This kit has really opened my eyes to colouring in stickers and I am sure that I will be using the technique again really soon.











No comments:

Post a Comment